Monday, August 29, 2011

The Dutch

Friday night I had the pleasure of dining at one of Manhattans newest and most revered gems:
I realize that I risk sounding like a stark raving lunatic, not to mention massive butt-kisser when I talk about how much I enjoyed the food at Andrew Carmellini’s newest endeavor, The Dutch.
The seared tuna melted in my mouth, the coconut-curry lobster was a mouth-party, the sushi fluke with watermelon ginger and chili almost brought me to joyous tears. The cocktails were perfect, the service was impeccable, the patrons were handsome, the oysters were shucked clean and glistening like mini-artworks on ice. I have nothing bad to say about this place, and trust me I can usually come up with something.
When I saw Mr. Carmellini perusing near the hostess stand, I knew it was him. He had his horn-rimmed glasses on and carried an all-business air, clad in chef jacket. He was so nice, and had absolutely no idea who I was. He doesn’t even get my newsletters (that will change soon)!

Of course I was star-struck, especially after the meal. I stormed into the kitchen to locate the men responsible for my euphoria and was elated to find not only the incredible Chef Jason Hua but his super-talented and super-sweet sous-chef Anthony! These are people I have only met via phone, email and text now live and in-the-flesh right before my beady eyes! Needless to say I fell in love at first sight.

Hi Anthony! Looks like we captured a kodak moment, after all! HAHA

Jason and I. Woooohoo, Photo Op!
Good times had by me and my dining partner, here are some pictures to entice you to try and get a table for yourself at The Dutch: corner 131 Sullivan Street, Prince and Sullivan SOHO, NYC.
Pierless Sushi Fluke on watermelon. Nice and Spicy.
Native American Turqouise jewerly on Harvey, the photogenic man sitting next to us.

Dutch Lob-Job in a coconut. HEAVEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts