Saturday, December 3, 2011

ONLY NY: Apparel and Art by a FISHERMAN.

When I was a tiny mermy-baby flipping and diving through the beaches of Woods Hole, crying for my Mama and eating fist-loads of sand, I had a summer friend from NYC named Micah.


Micah would gallavant around my scientifical town each summer, fishing pole in tow and wearing a cool hat at all times. 



I always admired Micah's fashion sense, and his love for fishing. Micah used to bring me and my mother fresh bonito that he would extract from the churning waters of the Woods Hole Gut. He would fillet the fish sushi-style and we would eat it raw. He loves to catch bonito because they always put up a good fight.



When I was 18, right before I moved South America for a year, I went to see Micah in NYC. He showed me the fine fruits that this city has to offer and I knew that this was where I would end up.





Time passes and life keeps us busy. Micah and I don't see too much of each other these days, but what a glorious impression he made on me during my formative years. Micah now owns and operates his own successful NYC based street-wear company called ONLY NY.



A lot of his design inspiration comes not only from the streets of NYC, but from fishing and nature. Check out his website and you will surely find something to drool over.



ALL OF THE ART, DESIGN AND APPAREL YOU SEE HERE IS BY MICAH.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts