Thursday, July 14, 2011

Belizean Conch: Test it, try it, eat a TON of it.

Unbelizeable! We sell conch, which is de-shelled and frozen into 5# blocks. I just came back from Belize where, before I realized what was going on, I was waist deep what seemed like a week-long-conch-eating-contest. I ate conch every single day for a week. Conch fritters, conch fried rice, conch chowder, conch ceviche, fried conch strips, conch a la plancha, breakfast conch, conch ice cream cones with conch sprinkles and of course, conch fritters. Wait did I already mention conch fritters? I ate so many of them I started losing my mind. Anyway you cook it, or don't, it is pretty damn good. If you want to send your customers on a tropical voyage via their taste buds treat them to a conch platter with extra conch aioli served over a bed of conch accompanied by a conch frittata served directly out of a conch shell and they won't belize how delicious conch can be.

Where I stayed during my Belizean conch-athalon:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts