Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hotel Delmano, I got MAD LOVE for ya!

When I crave oysters in Williamsburg I head to Hotel Delmano. Call me a simpleton but it is much less important to me to have a list of 100 different species from all over the country than it is to have just a few different species of REALLY fresh, REALLY well-shucked oysters. Hotel Delmano masters the art of the raw bar in my opinion because they take a lot of care in what they buy, how they store their bi-valves and how they shuck. It doesn't hurt that they have incredibly delicious cocktails and a super-fine staff as well as super-fine customers. Steppping into the bar room you feel as if you have been whisked to Havana, Cuba ca. 1950. Often you will find a sweet little jazz quartet with a very hip, sultry red-lipped female singer leading her troupe. We were with Cream the Pitbull when we went for our afternoon bloodies and so we sat outside where you can smoke and drink to your hearts content.

Spicy and Fresh, just like the patrons at Hotel Delmano.


Master Shucker Marco and Gabe the Fish Babe.
Fluke Ceviche, Costa Rican style.
This dish and others are inspired by lovely and well-traveled Tessa, Hotel Delmano's manager.

Bi-valve heaven on earth.

Shuck away my friend, keep on shuckin'.


This is what I call an oyster platter. Hell yeah Marco, YOU ROCK!
Beausoliel - New Brunswuck, Kusshi - British Columbia, Wellfleet -Cape Cod
All oysters by Pierless Fish Corp.

A dog named Cream, and his vices.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts